There is a series of volcanic peaks called the Seven Sisters that run inland from the edge of the Pacific Ocean in Morro Bay, California to San Luis Obispo, California. Since there are 9 peaks, I am not sure where the name came from. Like many people, I would love to climb them all but since some are on private property, I figured that I would start with the ones that are accessible.
- Morro Rock 576 feet (176 m)
- Black Hill 665 feet (203 m)
- Cerro Cabrillo 911 feet (278 m)
- Hollister Peak 1,404 feet (428 m)
- Cerro Romauldo 1,306 feet (398 m)
- Chumash Peak 1,257 feet (383 m)
- Bishop Peak 1,559 feet (475 m)
- Cerro San Luis 1,292 feet (394 m)
- Islay Hill 775 feet (236 m)
It’s been 10 years since I hiked up Cerro Cabrillo and I have never been to the top of Black Hill despite camping below it many times. It was a cloudy day with light sprinkles so the photographs were a little fuzzy. But it is amazing how a walk in the rain can bring clarity to your mind.